You Aren’t Alone – Regain Your Life
Do you constantly find yourself feeling tired, stressed, and overwhelmed? Are you stuck in a rut? Well, don’t feel bad because you aren’t alone. People throughout the world are finding themselves in a very strange and uncomfortable place. They are physically and mentally exhausted because of the stress caused by what seems to be our new normal way of life. Nothing seems to be easy anymore and we are having to find ways to redesign every aspect of our life to accommodate all the changes. It is time to regain your life!
Unless you have been living on a deserted island with no access to the news and your electronic devices, you know that COVID-19 has spread throughout the world. It has been affecting all aspects of our lives, from our health (physical and mental), to our business and career. Things that had been moving so quickly and easily in the past seem to be standing still or even moving backwards. We run into roadblocks everywhere we turn.
What is utterly amazing how so much of what we do (or don’t do) and the choices we make are interconnected. One decision or life choice can affect many areas of our life (physical and mental health, business and career, and self-esteem). This applies to positive and negative choices. Once we understand this and pay attention to what we are doing, we can make subtle changes in various areas of our life and these changes combine with one another to improve our holistic health and wellness. Here are five things we can do to regain your life.
Five Ways to Regain Your Life
- Reduce your stress, take back your health, and regain your life. Stress is a wicked beast! It affects not only our mind but also many areas in our body. It can cause us to be chronically fatigued, gain weight, raise our blood pressure, and make us lose focus. All that creeps into other aspects of our life because it causes us to stop moving forward.
- Meditate, practice Yoga, exercise, and focus on the positive things in your life.
- Improve your diet. A healthy diet not only helps us lose weight; it also improves the way our body functions. Surprisingly, it also helps reduce our stress. An often-overlooked benefit is that once we begin feeling and looking better, our self-confidence gets a boost, and that helps us to focus and get things done.
- Start by cutting out the junk foods and sugary drinks then introduce more natural foods like fruits and vegetables. Whole foods (not processed) and organics are the best things to eat and they provide the biggest benefits to our health.
- Get organized. Nothing can kill our momentum and make us feel overwhelmed more than being disorganized. Scattered thoughts and processes often cause us to become overwhelmed and unsure of where to begin. This in turn gets us stuck and unable to move forward. The next effect is increased stress and then its byproduct, becoming ill. Time to regain your life!
- Use a planner and digital calendar. Documenting your schedule and tasks is a quick and easy way to get and stay organized. It allows you to remember what you have on your plate for the day, deconflict events, and gain efficiencies because you are able to prioritize and group tasks, which makes them easier to accomplish.
- Work smarter, not harder. No, I am not advocating being lazy. What I am talking about is becoming methodic in the way that you do things. We have access to so much technology these days and we must leverage it so we can work smarter instead of harder. Planning out what you need and want to do and then taking advantage of awesome tools people have developed can take a huge burden off of you because you have a way ahead and do not need to constantly reinvent the wheel. Leverage someone else’s knowledge and expertise so you can work smarter instead of harder.
- Use templates and printables. There are templates and printable checklists for just about everything you can imagine. You can use templates and checklists for setting up and running a business, keeping your home and family organized, and even planning your day. I have even seen many printables for keeping kids happy and learning. Now THAT is a great stress reliever!
- Join a group with like-minded people. They say strength is in numbers, and I believe it is true! Having people who understand what you are going through and who have the experiences gained from being there makes all the difference in the world. Simply having someone to talk to can make a world of difference in how you feel. Sharing your knowledge and experience is a great stress reliever and it also helps one another cope with life’s challenges.
To Sum it Up
I just listed what I think are the top five ways to stop being chronically tired, reduce your stress, stop feeling overwhelmed, and regain your life but there are certainly ways out there. Follow my two blogs for other helpful tips and tricks for improving your holistic wellness (body, mind, and spirit), helping you get your business going and growing, and navigating through life’s challenges. Grab a cup of coffee or tea, come visit these awesome blogs, and sign up to follow us so you never miss a thing.
Self Development Insights provides tips for improving your life: holistic wellness, career, education, and more. We provide awesome content intended to make your life (and business) easier and more enjoyable.
Learn how a seasonal life reset can help you regain your life.
Kickstart your wellness by healing your gut with a detox.
Relax and have a little fun with our Buzz Press page.